Monday, October 15, 2007

Cats, Cats, Cats!


Okay, I realize that I am more or less fixated on cats as a theme. In September I showed you a little stuffed cat, which resembled, in position and general shape, a fabric picture of my cat Kristy which I had posted in March. And now I am sharing this needlefelted cat which I made in a class a few days ago!

Let me just say that I also like birds, people, flowers, leaves and houses as themes. Also landscapes, abstracts, faces and hands. But somehow I always go back to cats!

The needlefelting class was fun. I wanted to get the feel of it so that I can needlefelt strands of colored wool roving into an applique wool landscape I had made a couple of years ago. I'm thinking it will give it a more impressionist look. We'll see! I'll post a picture of it when it's completed!

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Ok, I need to find a felting class here in Nevada. I love this!

Val said...

Judy, he (no it must be a 'she') is so sweet. How did you make her, is she stuffed, or needlefelted into a shape. I haven't done any needle felting, so I have no idea! How big is she? Just gorgeous. Val

Brooke said...

Judy, thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I had to comment back because I just took a class on needlefelting, too, and your cat is adorable! My daughter and I have been slowly working through the lessons (from Joggles.com) and it is fun! But do I really need another hobby?

Unknown said...

Judy! What a darling little kitty! I am in awe of needle felting. It looks like you enjoyed it? Is a class the best way to start?