Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Little Structure Can't Hurt!


As I continue on with my creative plans for the year, I've decided to set up some structure for myself!! I'd like to attempt one quilted wall hanging per month. A tall order, but I think it will be good for me to always have a design in progress. Here are some fabrics I have pulled out for my first project!! I need to add at least one handpainted fabric to the mix, and will probably add or eliminate one or two fabrics as I go along. I'll write about how it's going at the beginning  each week, with pictures of whatever progress I have made!
Also, at the end of every week I'd like to show a small craft I've worked on that week, be it a card, jewelry, a drawing, etc. 
I know this sounds like a lot, but it's what I love, and 'showing up' with my work on this blog is why I began it in the first place!!! I'd like to grow as an artisan and, at the end of this year, be able to see a substantial body of work and, hopefully some growth in my skills and abilities.

3 comments:

ikkinlala said...

Those fabrics are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Judy, what beautiful fabrics and a fabulous plan! I look forward to seeing your creations!

Unknown said...

I like this plan. Those colors go so well together. I would like to show something every week, too. I am so busy with so many different things that I don't know if it's possible. But hey, I can always try.

Tootles, KJ