Sunday, April 25, 2010

Latest Projects


I recently finished up this house portrait for a client. It was a very simple house, interpreted with a combination of fabrics for texture, and the background trees were watercolor painted with Setacolor transparent paints and then machine embroidered. The picture was stretched, matted and framed, and the clients were delighted. A happy ending!


I'm also working on this fabric landscape. The background is hand painted fabric, on which I loosely painted some trees with the Setacolor paints. I plan to enhance the trees with machine stitching and add more hand painted fabrics and stitching to the foreground.

Hope everyone who reads this is enjoying a great weekend!

10 comments:

Lyn said...

you have been busy! I have not done ANY crafting for ages!
Must try harder!!!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Karen L R said...

I am intrigued by your hand painted trees. Very fluid and soft...

And of course your clients were delighted. Your work is delightful!

Bia, from Brazil said...

No chance your client dislike it. It´s very pretty, clean, well done. True art work. Congratulations to you and the client who must be proud to own it.

Carrie P. said...

How sweet is that house. Can't wait to see how you embellish the trees.

Libby Fife said...

Great composition as always. The house is wonderful of course but the trees are very effective. Good job!

Gayle said...

Wow! I bet the client was thrilled...wonderful!!!

Lori said...

You do so many different things Judy! That house is stunning- I love the painting in it. I be they were so happy with it.

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Judy!

Your work is amazing!! The house is beautiful! I can imagine just how happy your clients were to receive this lovely piece. Such beautiful work my friend.

Enjoy a fabulous weekend.

Smiles...

Beverly

Cat said...

What a terrific American home!

Neat painting on fabric - the clouds look so real! Can't wait to see this stitched!

travel pet carrier said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.