Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Wee Collage





As I walk outside on these sunny days, I feel a huge swell of gratitude for the sun, the blooming flowers, and the textures I see all around me. I've started making some quick collages to express my emotions and find it to be very freeing. I'm usually a representational kind of girl, sticking to realistic pictures, but my scraps of fabrics and threads, tumbled together on my worktable, are calling out to me to let them play together in an abstract way! This little piece has handpainted scraps, paper fabric and some commercial fabric too!  OK, this is fun!





9 comments:

Karen L R said...

I'm thinking "Under the Tuscan Sun". LOVE it!

Carrie P. said...

very pretty!

Simone said...

I like abstracts! They can be whatever you want them to be! x

Libby Fife said...

Doing abstarct is a good way to express your feelings. It can always be whatever you want it to be:)

Gayle said...

This is a wonderful collage...and the daffodils...perfection!

Bia, from Brazil said...

Fiber art, free from patterns and rullers, this what I like most! Great job!
Have you ever visited Jude Hill (+ her tribe) at
http://spiritcloth.typepad.com/spirit_cloth/

Love,
Bia

Juliette Crane said...

i love the idea of making quick little collages to express yourself. and this one is absolutely beautiful. fully expresses the natural beauty i imagine around you :)

best wishes!
juliette

Cat said...

This little free style piece is great! My colors! Enjoy this new direction!

Lori said...

Its beautiful Judy:)