Photograph by Anne Butera, used with permissionIn November, while participating in Art Every Day Month, I discovered some wonderful new blogs and made some new friends. Anne, of My Giant Strawberry, and her mom Sharon, of Sallymomsprouts, were two I was especially taken with. They have an interesting story to tell and each has her own blog. They are in the process of fulfilling their lifelong dream of starting a small farm in rural Wisconsin, and their blogs are filled with photos of their home in the country and the beautiful scenery around them. I love their stories of discovering a new community and a simpler way of life. There is a quiet sincerity about these blogs that I find refreshing. Take a peek and you'll also see some beautiful photography, lovely handwork, painting and a great deal of creativity!
Yesterday I was given the Stylish Blogger Award by the Anne mentioned above. I usually don't accept awards, but I'm thankful for it and, instead of passing it along to specific people, I invite anyone who wants to participate to play along. I'm to tell you 7 things about myself.
1. I love flowers, birds and beautiful sunsets. (Doesn't everyone?)
2. Even as a child, I always loved to draw and paint.
3. I first used a sewing machine when I was 19 years old.
4. I don't like to cook, but I've been "famous" for my lasagna for many years!
5. I'm a terrible athlete, but I met my husband at a skating rink.
6. In my lifetime I've been a cashier, draftsman, teacher, arts and crafts instructor, tutor, picture framer and art consultant.
7. I'm a real procrastinator, but always manage to come through when there's a deadline!
I challenge anyone who reads this to name 7 things about yourself on your blog. It's always interesting to learn more about the people whose blogs we read, and do share an occasional photo of yourself!!
Finally, here is a photo of Angus and Rosie, all tangled up in their bed. My husband Bill aptly named it "Cat Soup"!
Have a wonderful week!