Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Needle Felting With a Friend

Yesterday I pulled out my wool roving and felting supplies and invited my friend Debbie over for some needle felting. We sat on the porch, had some laughs, punctured our fingers a few times and created some tiny masterpieces.


Debbie is working on a little sheep...


This is some gorgeous white roving, and also a flower on white wool...


Deb made an apple and we both made sheep - mine is the bow-legged one on the right!

I had to close the door on the cats, as they are very attracted to wool roving and will try to eat it, but they managed to chill out in other parts of the house as we took over "their" porch!


Angus on the ottoman in the living room...


Rosie on the hall carpet!

It was a fun afternoon and I really enjoyed sharing it with my friend Debbie.

What creative things have you been up to?




5 comments:

Robin Kent said...

Hi Judy! I've been getting interested in felting the last year but haven't tried it yet. I love the look, 2 or 3D options, and softness! You're inspiring me...but will stick to paint for now.

Karen L R said...

I had tea with Jane this morning and we checked in on autumn aspirations. We have renewed our accountability pact. Not so easy to get side tracked when I know I have to check in with Jane next week!

Your pretty felting reminds me that I have a half- finished red fox in the cupboard...

Libby Fife said...

That felting is so cute somehow. Looks soft and cozy I guess.

Say Hi! to Angus and Rosie for me:)

Simone said...

Well done on the needle felting! This is something that I would like to get into also on my list of crafting things to try. x

Lorinda.C.F said...

Great projects. Such sweet little sheep! Love (and am rather envious) that you had an art date! Yes, my kitties just love wool. They would NOT calmly hang out while missing out on all the fun though. The wailing from Willy would be heard for miles.