Saturday, November 3, 2012

AEDM Day 3 - A Frame Makes a Difference

Today I am working away on my stitched pictures, but not quite ready to share yet. But yesterday I did  do some framing of a picture I had made a while ago, and I'm very pleased with the result!


This is an appliquéd picture I've had floating around for a while -
it is shown on my sidebar, fused, but not stitched.


I had this grey-green frame on another picture and decided to try it on this one...


I think it looks great perched on my little kitchen shelf!
I like to switch things up every once in a while!

Hope your day is going well!
See you tomorrow!

12 comments:

Lorinda.C.F said...

I just love this piece, it's absolutely beautiful. It looks gorgeous with those warm gold pieces on your shelf. xx

TK Piatek said...

I recently learned that Grandma Moses created her paintings in needlework before her arthritis forced her to turn to paint. I LOVE needlework and yours in exceptionally nice (if Grandma Moses is any example, you have a great long future in you art)

Zue said...

This is just stunning...glorious trees in the most optimistic of colours...So pretty!
xx

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

The framing certainly does add to the picture, I love the yellow trees.

J Bamman the southern sunshine girl said...

Lovely

sharon said...

Love the way your leaves glow. Nice.

Tracey FK said...

That does look beautiful framed up... it finishes it off... and lovely to be visiting again ... too long out of touch!!!!

Maron said...

what a nice little vignette

Serena Lewis said...

Those framed trees are beautiful...lovely work, Judy!

Jennifer Barrile said...

Beautiful work, so vivid! Can't wait to see what else you do.

Simone said...

It does look great on your kitchen shelf! I too like to change things around a bit now and then! x

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Such a lovely display. Everything goes together so well. Beautiful work.