Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Yet ANOTHER snowy day!

I'll start this post off on a cheery note -
Here is a woven ribbon heart I made last year!
Alas, I am not following through as I promised.
I'm finding it difficult to keep up with my heart-a-day idea
and seem to be finding it a chore.
And so, I hope you won't mind if I let it go
and just continue on with other creative pursuits.


 I just got in from a trip to the grocery store and this is what my driveway looks like.
The old snow from last week's and Saturday's snowstorms
is dirty and ugly, so Mother Nature is sending us even more snow today
to freshen things up. Thank you - I think… 




With it looking so bleak outside, I bought some flowers at the grocery store
to brighten things up inside.
Rosie is more interested in the plastic sleeve than the flowers,
but she does make a pretty picture!




I've been doing some sketching in my sketchbook...


and making plans to redesign my studio. I'm hoping to store supplies more logically
and make the space more serene and inspiring. These are just scribbled notes, and
drawings always make me think more clearly.


That is what I've been up to -
I'm off to check out your blogs and see what you have been doing!

Still snowing out!

Hope your day is going well!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yup…those are the same flowers that I bought, but added some spring green mums. A very much needed reminder that spring WILL come…sometime!

Lorinda.C.F said...

Hi Judy, I'm going a bit of a catch up. I loved your gorgeous hearts once again this February but completely understand that one a day was too much. You've had some crazy, crazy snow! Nothing some fresh flowers and your beautiful springy header can't ward off! Stay warm!! xx

Libby Fife said...

Snow days must be tough-one after the other probably gets old after awhile. Chipper up! You have the cats, some beautiful flowers, and boy! can you draw some hands:) Very envious of that skill:)

fromyourmindseye.com said...

Of course I don't mind. You could also ask for us to send you hearts sometime and use the ones you like. I have a bunch on Pinterest. My board is You gotta have heart.

Enjoy your sketching. I'm going to paint. Wish I had a studio to redesign. I have a corner in the kitchen with a really great cabinet that holds all my supplies. My easel comes out of the top. It's a little hard for large canvases but I love working in this room. It looks out to my patio and has great Northern light. I have become so comfortable with this spot that when we talk about moving so I can have my own studio, I get a little sad. We can;t find anything anyway, so I'm sure I won't be moving anytime soon.

Julie

Simone said...

Looks like you're keeping busy Judy! Don't worry about not posting hearts every day. We haven't had any snow since spring last year so I guess you're getting our share too! Do you want to swap your snow for some wind and rain?!!! Let us hope that spring arrives early. x