Sunday, June 1, 2014

Joyful June

It is beautiful today here in New England,
perfect for the first day of June!!


It was a long winter, and still feels cool for this time of year,
but it's always wonderful to see that particularly lovely shade
of Spring green all around!

This month, I've decided to join my blogging friend Anne, 
of "My Giant Strawberry", in her focus on gratitude for the month of June.
 You can read more about it here, but basically, it is
a matter of looking for joy in everyday things throughout the month.

For one thing, our local Arts Collaborative is having an exhibit on June 11,
so I'm working on a few pieces of fabric art for that.


This makes me happy because I have needed a little "push" to finish some projects!
This one was started a while ago, but I've brought it out to see if
I can expand on it and get it finished for the exhibit.
I'll know by the end of today whether that will be possible!


And then there is this quilt collage I started in a class
last November! It will feel wonderful to complete it - it's nearly there!

So, I'll be sewing away for the next 2 weeks and posting 
more often as I recognize the joyful moments in these days of June!

Hope your June is off to a 
great start!

                       

3 comments:

Simone said...

Good luck with the exhibition Judy! I am glad you are taking part in Anne's Joyful June - your posts will be Judy's Joyful June! x

Anne Butera said...

So glad you're playing along, Judy.

Love seeing your fabric art and I'm glad you'll be in the upcoming exhibit!

I love that spring green color, too. Makes me so happy!

Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! And I am grateful for reconnecting with you!