Monday, October 6, 2014

Felting Away

Yesterday I got in a groove and worked on some needle felting.
I had already wet felted a base of sky, clouds and grass, which I then
placed on white wool and needle felted everything together, adding shading and details.


The felting gives such a dreamy effect and now I have to figure out
how to present it for the show. Frame? Glass? Wall Hanging?
To be determined!


This second piece (photo taken on a sunny surface) is one I've
been tinkering with for a while. The background and trees are fabric,
the foreground is felt. I have to figure out whether I like it today, or else 
let it go and move on to something else. As usual, a deadline is spurring me on 
to be very productive. Show is November 1 and I have much to do!
Fortunately, I'm in "the zone" and love doing it!

Hope your week is off to a good start!

11 comments:

sharon said...

Love, love love what you've been doing. That first piece has such texture it would be a shame to put it under glass. Once again I am totally taken in by your colors. Hope your creative juices keep flowing and that you can maintain your "zone" in the days ahead.

Andrea said...

Love both. Especially love the different textures in the second piece...nice contrast between fabric, felt and stitching.

Unknown said...

Absolutely Beautiful Judy.

Simone said...

Lovely work Judy. I feel as though I could just walk into the picture at the top! x

Libby Fife said...

Dreamy is the right word! I hope they both go with you to the next show. Very,very nice!

Karen L R said...

Even though these two pieces have been worked in different ways, they both have your style, Judy...lovely colors, pastoral scenes and your certain "something".

It will be fun to see how your pieces hang together at the show.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that first felted piece is a magical land inviting me in. I absolutely love it!
Stay inspired!

fromyourmindseye.com said...

Judy, I love both of these pieces, especially the first one. It has a mystical quality about it.
Good work!.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are so beautiful...I'm so amazed with what you do with fiber and fabric...amazing. :)

Jennifer Richardson said...

That. is. amazing!
Wow, Judy....I'm over the moon about that effect you created.
Just wonderful art hanging suspended in some sort of magical mist. Really wonderful:)
thanks for sharing the beauty
of your living,
Jennifer

Anne Butera said...

These are lovely, Judy. So glad that you are in the zone! You are doing beautiful work and I'm sure your show will be wonderful!

Love your sketch of Betty and those embroidered trees, too!

Nice to finally have a chance to catch up on my blog reading! Hope you're having a lovely weekend!