Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Ready for Their Close-Ups!

Like so many people, I'm bustling around preparing for Christmas. But I thought I'd
 take a moment to share close-up photos of some of the pictures I did 
for a recent exhibit.


Fused fabric, French knots, favorite colors of mine...


Fused fabrics, beading and French knots...




Fused fabrics, hand embroidery and beading...




Fused fabrics and beading...


More fused fabrics and hand embroidery!

These pictures are very small - most are about 5 inches wide.
I was looking for a way to allow them to stand up on a shelf, without 
using an easel, so I decided to experiment with some of the clear plastic
frameless frames I had around the house. 
I made the picture, mounted on black felt, a bit larger than the frame,
then stitched a second piece of felt to the back, leaving the bottom unstitched.
It formed a pocket to slip over the whole frame, leaving only the 
plastic stand showing!


Here are a few in a little grouping on my kitchen counter!
Just a little pop of color!


Thanks for visiting!
Hope you are enjoying the season and are not too stressed!

Smiles...
     Judy



6 comments:

fromyourmindseye.com said...

Jusy,
had lint in my dryer that comes from new towels, blankets and sweaters. It looks so pretty and I was wondering if it would work for you and your art. I think of you everytime I throw it away. I will keep any future batches and send them to you if you think it would work.

Julie
I hope this doesn't sound strange but I have recently

Lyn said...

Judy these are gorgeous (and very clever!) beautiful, delicate work, well done. xxx

Simone said...

You are so inventive with your display solutions Judy. I have never seen work presented this way before. I love your French knots. I have never quite mastered them and end up doing the 'cheats' colonial knots instead! x

Karen L R said...

Such a clever stand solution! Fabulous!

Love all these little pieces, Judy, they are so cheerful and bright.

xo

Anne Butera said...

Love getting a close-up view of this, Judy. They are so lovely and cheerful! :)

sharon said...

Each miniature brought a smile to my face. These are more than lovely, Judy. And grouping them is brilliant.
Thank you for sharing them.