Monday, April 24, 2017

Natalie

Yesterday I posted an older face I had done in felt a while ago - me with our 2 cats! I was just too tired to create a new face. I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished so far, so I don't stress if I miss a day.


Today I took out my Prismacolor pencils and did a new portrait, a woman whom I named Natalie. I spent longer than usual on this one and really got into layering colors. At the end I added a few touches of dark brown Micron pen. I've decided that daily portraits are enough, especially if I'm going to do 100 of these. Coming up with the stories is just too much. I hope that, at some later time, I'll come back to some of these characters and create stories about them.


Thank you so much for stopping by.
I hope you've had a very good day!!

2 comments:

Karen L R said...

The drawing is plenty Judy! The stories are just icing on the cake. You're doing such a great job, keeping up with everything! xo

sharon said...

I'm watching with awe as you bring to life each of these faces that bubble up from inside of you onto the page and introduce them to us. Just giving each of them names, carefully chosen, is enough. Their stories are in their eyes and on their expressive lips. Though Natalie may be rendered more complexly, I find your skill with simple pencil totally compelling.
Congratulations on meeting your challenge thus far. We've all benefitted.