Sunday, October 4, 2026

Little Things

                                  Some little things I noticed yesterday while doing errands:

                                                   Autumn color in the supermarket




A bowl of buttons in our local arts and crafts thrift store

And, back home, an unfinished pillow for my grand niece, 
which I can't decide whether to finish, as one of their dogs died 
unexpectedly since I began it.

I'll ask her parents - just don't want to make her sad.

Another beautiful Fall day here, which I love, and a family zoom call in a while.
All in all, it's been a very pleasant weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Love all your noticings Judy! I think at some point your grand niece will really appreciate the pillow. The pink stripe is such a perfect backdrop to those adorable dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MaryAnn! Yes, I think I'll finish the pillow. It's funny, I think I was leaving a comment on your blog at the same time as you left this on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, autumn demands to be noticed. And rightly so. I hope you bought that bag of buttons! Perfect weather here after an uncomfortable summer. Yeah for sweater weather. Anne and Matthias will come tomorrow to help us plant two maples and 3 shrubs. The maples are from our son's garden and the shrubs are a variety I've been wanting for a couple years. Will post photos when I can. Otherwise we're putting the beds to sleep and planning on easing up next season. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! That bowl of buttons is deep and they are 10cents each, so I love choosing a few each time I visit the store. A tiny treat! Oh, that sounds wonderful planting new trees and shrubs! And so wonderful that Anne and Matthias are close by to help! Your gardens must be wonderful in season and I love that you put up your tomatoes and apples to enjoy all winter! I love hearing from you!

      Delete