I love this time of year and we've had some nice fall days, but, this being New England, the weather report says that it could be in the 80's by the end of this week! Putting away summer clothes will have to wait. And the leaves are only starting to change so it will be awhile before it really feels like Autumn.
I just finished a couple of fiber art pictures for our local arts collaborative's October exhibit. For the first time, I actually did a fall scene, using rough decorator fabrics and all sorts of lace and trims. I was pleased with how it came out!
My other picture was a more summery scene, a bit of a windy day, full of movement. I used silk ribbon, fabric and even a few twigs for the trees! Unfortunately the twigs kept breaking as I worked the branches with embroidery thread, so they are mostly embroidered!
In addition, I did a couple of 5x7" pieces for the exhibit's fundraiser to benefit PAWS, our local cat rescue organization, from which we have adopted 4 wonderful furry friends, so I was happy to contribute!
And finally, one day I was in a playful mood and put together this little autumn collage! I really want to do more collages and get better at it, but I always feel like mine are not collage-y enough!! Of course, that's silly because there is no hard and fast rule about stitched collage! The point of them is to have fun, so I'll just make more and enjoy the process!!
I'm happy to be back to blogging. It was such creative place for me for so many years and it's nice to be able to record personal events and things that I've made. October is going to be a busy month for us as we are having our attic insulated and have to be out of the house for a few days. I'll have to be sure to bring a project or two to keep me busy while staying in the hotel!
Happy Autumn!




6 comments:
So nice seeing these pieces here on your blog! They are just a delight! You have a real gift for colors and textures! Isn't fall a wonderful time of year!!!
I agree, autumn is amazing, MaryAnn. Thank you for liking my work. I hope to post other projects here that I don't post on Instagram. Yay for blogging!
Welcome back to blogging - I hope more former bloggers come back!
Thanks Julie! I love your blog and your quilts!
Once again your handwork is breathtaking. Good luck with your house projects. Nice to be able to relax in a remote location while all the mess is going on. So nice to see you blogging again. Maybe you've inspired me to go back to blogging myself? Enjoy this magical and all too brief time of year. My favorite. sending love.
Sharon, you are very kind. Oh, how I would love you to go back to blogging! I enjoyed your blog and getting to know you so much!! Please give it a try!! 🩷
Post a Comment