Saturday, August 16, 2008

More ATCs!

Here are the ATCs exchanged in July by my friend Janice and me. My card is made with colored tissue paper affixed to watercolor paper. I cut out the shapes freehand and used 
acrylic matte medium as a glue and a sealer. I have a special thing for day lilies, which Janice remembered, and she wasn't surprised that I used them as my subject.
Janice's card, entitled "Light from Shore is a Beacon of Hope", is built on a braille paper which Janice has hand stamped, hand colored and embellished. The light house is cut from a stamped image and glazed.
We had both begun our August cards when I visited her this week, but have yet to exchange them!
During my visit, Janice introduced me to the idea of storing my ATCs in a baseball card album! I plan to cover and decorate my album - looks like I'm into a new art form!!!

3 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Love those day lilies!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Judy!

Hope your weekend was a wonderful one! The lilies are beautiful! It is simply amazing how you are able to design something so beautiful on such a small canvas...so pretty! Enjoy your week!

Smiles...

Beverly

Unknown said...

The HOPE LIGHTHOUSE really makes my heart zing! What contrast!

I haven't forgotten about my ATC Swap. I need to get past a major hurdle on the 20th. Then, I building my business. But, not to busy for some play. I will let you know when I post about it. It will be my first ATC Swap, so it should be FUN!

Hugs, KJ