Friday, January 23, 2009

W.I.P. - Forest Scene

I've been working on a picture, using this background, which I had made for a different picture a while ago.
It was originally intended to be a beach scene, with a dune fence. Well, I was never happy with the piece and recently ripped off the fence, which was lightly fused on to the background. I've now decided to make a forest scene.
The background is a simple collage of rectangles fused to craft batting. I'm thinking of using sheer green fabrics to indicate the moss and low plants on the forest floor. I've been cutting out some trees.... As you can see, I have a ways to go, but thought I would share what I've been working on.

3 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

I'm liking what I see so far. Those trees look so intricate. Looking forward to seeing more.

Karen L R said...

I am intrigued. I've been trying to revisit some of my abandoned stuff too, looking at them with new eyes and imagining the possibilities. Keep us posted on your progress, Judy.

summer girl said...

Can't wait to see to finished piece...which, I know, will be beautiful!!!