Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Creative Gathering

After the sadness of losing our Kristy, I was so happy to look forward to an "Artsy Craftsy Extravaganza" with my friends Elaine and Karen this past Monday and Tuesday! We met at Elaine's house, had a fun lunch with Karen, her mom Elaine, aunt Margretta and and sister-in-lawSarah, swapped ATCs, shared our artwork and handwork done since our last meeting in November, and perused and shared wonderful books around the dining room table. Much chatting, many laughs, an overnight leading to a delicious breakfast at "Amber Cafe" and a visit to a great fabric store all added up to a wonderful time! How lucky am I to be a part of this group and we're planning to get together again in the fall!
I knew that Karen's birthday was coming up (it's today!) so I made her a portrait of her beautiful cat, Henry, taken from one of her own photos which you can see here.


Karen seemed to like it and it was a joy to spend time with this wonderful family! Just what I needed!
Tomorrow I'll share some of the ATCs we exchanged.
Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Happy Birthday, Karen!!

5 comments:

Karen L R said...

LOVE IT! One of the best presents EVER! Thank you. Looking forward to the next gathering already. :-)

Libby Fife said...

I think you really captured Henry's likeness. Very sweet:)

Simone said...

Judy I have only now had a chance to catch up with your blog. I am very sorry to hear about Kristy. I know she meant a lot to you. Sending you a great big virtual hug across cyberspace!!! x

quiltcat said...

what a lovely likeness of Henry! i see that i also missed Karen's birthday...have to make more of an effort to keep up with blogging! Sounds like a wonderfully fun and creative get together amongst you talented ladies.

Lori said...

I have been thinking about you and hope you and sending you sweet thoughts since you had to say good bye to Kristy. much love to you