Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Beautiful Journey


I'm back from Italy, but my heart and mind are still filled with 
some of the most beautiful images I've ever witnessed.
 This landscape greeted my eyes every morning
 as I looked out my window at our B&B in Tuscany.


In Tuscany, I was part of a cooking school, learning recipes
and techniques from local cooks in their own kitchens.


We visited a sheep farm, where we saw the process of making pecorino
and ricotta cheese by hand.



We learned how to make gnocchi, hand-cut pasta, tiramasu
and many other amazing dishes.


We visited vineyards, learned about and tasted wine.

                                                  

We stayed in an ancient village called Radicondoli
and met the local townspeople, shopped and went to local restaurants.


We visited Siena, Montalcino and other
picturesque villages and cities.


At the end of our stay, we received a certificate of completion from
It will hang in my kitchen!
Here I am with Ann, my traveling companion and friend.

We next traveled to Rome, but a piece of my heart 
stayed behind with the beautiful people
and glorious sights of Tuscany.



Tomorrow: Our Rome Adventure!






7 comments:

Libby Fife said...

So glad you are back! The trip looks wonderful so far. Can't wait to see the remaining pictures.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Judy. Your pictures look fabulous. Are you going to cook for Andrea and me??
Barbara M.

Nan and =^..^= said...

Welcome home...oh, I loved your photos...so beautiful...what a wonderful trip and looking forward to seeing more!

Judy Hartman said...

Yes, Nan, Barb and Libby, it is always wonderful to return home! It was an amazing trip!

Gayle said...

Thank you for taking us along on your trip...wow...it sounds absolutely incredible.

Karen L R said...

oh, judy, what a grand adventure! welcome home, we missed you!

Cat said...

So lovely! Glad you had a great time, the pictures are beautiful!