Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Big Adventure

Well, friends, here's some news I haven't talked about on my blog - 
this week I am going on a trip to


(This great fabric postcard was made by my friend Andrea to wish me a good trip!)

I'm going with my friend Ann from San Diego
to a cooking school and tour in Tuscany!!
We'll be doing a lot of walking in the countryside, visiting a farm, seeing cheese being made,
learning different dishes in local kitchens, sightseeing and, generally,
having a wonderful time!
So, I'm packing the essentials,

layers of clothes and a foldable tote for purchases,

sturdy, waterproofed walking shoes and wool socks for wicking moisture away
(it's the rainy season!)
an essential sketchbook, which I covered with paper,
some watercolor pencils and a small paintbrush,

a study purse with a sewn-in, handmade inner zipper bag,

and, of course, a sense of adventure and fun!

Added to this, we'll be spending a few days in Rome,
with a side trip to Florence!!

In the next few days I'll be posting a couple of new pieces I've been working on,
then I'll be away until my return in mid May,
when, hopefully, I'll have Tuscan inspired sketches to post!!

Ciao for now!! :))

8 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Have a blast! Sounds like fun.

Cat said...

Oh WOW!!! What and adventure! I love that Italy postcard! I am so excited for you, what a dream trip.
Enjoy!!

Karen L R said...

Judy, have a fabulous trip! Please be sure to take LOTS of pictures. Can't wait to hear about all the fun. Safe travels, dear friend.

Shell said...

Have a wonderful time, Judy. You and your friend going to Tuscany is like a wonderful movie come true.

Lori said...

OMG Judy!!! How fabulous! I am so THRILLED for you. Tuscany is unbelievable. I heard about a cooking class that Elizabeth Berg was in (in Tuscany) and it sounded so divine.

I am wishing you the best. It's so exciting!

Nan and =^..^= said...

Have a wonderful time! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful time we had!!! So great to meet you and to see your art and creativity--thank you!!!

pets carriers said...

designs you'd think they are extroverts, but I feel great, i loved your blog and hopefully make more like this! bye, thanks