Friday, July 2, 2010

Tuscany Revisited and Fabric Painting

I'm so delighted to be able to share this photo slide show, created by photographer Marty Morawski, which shows highlights of the trip I took in May to Tuscany. I was part of  Il Campo Cooking School of Radicondoli, an absolutely magical experience in an exquisite setting. My group of ten was the first to be part of this adventure, and all agreed that it was a fantastic opportunity. I would highly recommend it!!
(The last photo in the sequence shows my friend Ann and me with our cooking school diplomas.)

Today I was busy cleaning my house, preparing for company this weekend. I knew that I needed a break by mid-afternoon, so I decided to paint some fabric! Into the studio (laundry room) I went and got lost in the process for about a half hour. Honestly, it is one of my favorite things to do!

The best part about painting fabric, to me, is that nothing has to be perfect, because I know that I will eventually be cutting it up and using sections of it in collage. It is very liberating!
Right now I have a laundry basket full of hand painted fabric and I'm anxious to see it used creatively in fabric landscapes and other artwork. Time to get busy!

Oh, and by the way, the new kittens are doing beautifully!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend!

Rosie
   Angus                                                                                                      

6 comments:

Marlane Miriello said...

Judy,

Thanks for posting the video on your blog. You sure look happy in those pictures.

I scrolled down to check out all of the kitty pictures. They are simply the most beautiful, and adorable, kittens ever! How can you get anything done with them around?

xoxox
Marlane

Lyn said...

Oh they are so cute, they steal the show, sorry I mentioned them before the fabrics! Lovely fabrics, can't wait to see what you do with them.
Love
Lyn
xxx

Libby Fife said...

I don't know where to start with this one. What a wonderful video-thank you, thank you, thank you! That countryside looks just gorgeous and I can't believe the food. It makes me actually want to cook! You don't look too bad either:)

Fabrics look great and those kitties are just too sweet. Aren't they just so much fun when they are young?

tea time and roses said...

The kitties are so cute, and love their names! Loving those fabrics too!:o)

You and your family enjoy a most lovely 4th of July!

Smiles....

Beverly

baby cribs said...

They are all so gorgeous, the light up the show. Your fabric is one of a kind. This is the first time that I am going to see such a good fabric.

Lori said...

Yay! How exciting! They are all so gorgeous. And I am so happy that you have to sweet new little kittens to love. I wish I could jump into the pictures and scoop them up.