I ran out of the teddy bear/baseball fabric I'd used on the first two, but found some brightly colored fabric that will do the trick, with a different baseball fabric for the back.
I started off by putting fusible web on the back of my red fabric, then making the letters of Finn's name backwards so that they'd read correctly when I cut them out and ironed them on.
I ironed the cut out letters on to white fabric, then spent a few minutes figuring out the best placement of the name on the patterned fabric. Then I cut out a window in the car fabric and placed it over the edges of the white. I had previously put fusible web on the back of both fabrics and I fused them to light interfacing to stabilize everything for machine applique.
I still have to zig-zag stitch the letters and the edges of the window, pin the rickrack and finish the pillow, but I feel like I accomplished a lot today. I hope to post a picture of the finished pillow tomorrow.
It was a dull and rainy day and, after looking around for Rosie and Angus for a while, I discovered them tucked away on a chair, under the dining room table! A good day to snuggle up together!
I hope everyone has had a fantastic Monday!