Hey, it goes with my blog banner!
Later, I decided to make some paper fabric with the elements I had painted with acrylic paint last week as part of Dana's "Painting Every Day in May" challenge. Let me just interject here that, although I certainly have not painted every day, I have managed to reintroduce myself to my watercolors, gouache paints and acrylics, so I'm grateful for that!
I started with the paper towel I used underneath the other papers I had painted - it had lots of good color on it! I saturated a piece of white fabric with Martha Stewart's decoupage glue and sealer, then put down the paper towel and covered that with another layer of sealer. I had purchased this product a while back and assume it is an acrylic medium - I can't see anything about that on the bottle, though. But it seemed to work well.
Next, I applied layers of painted used fabric softener sheets, which have
a very gauzy quality and let underneath layers show through.
I added more elements from the textured papers I had painted,tearing edges to make them blend in more. I don't know if the texture shows up well in the photo, but I left some edges unglued so that they stand out more. Very satisfying! When this finishes drying out, I want to add some stitching and beading. The fabric base makes it sturdy enough to do that.
I still have a lot of scraps left to do more of this in the future. To be continued...!!
Hope your week has been going well!
Thanks so much for stopping by!