Friday, June 1, 2012

Fabric Sketches

I've been distracted and doing a lot of thinking lately, and one thing that has suffered is my blog! 
I'm ready to make a tour of my favorite blogs tonight and catch up on what everyone is up to!



This is a little fabric sketch I made a while back, and I'm thinking about concentrating on this style for a while. I had used the same method on this picture of my daughter Kate:


I never did finish up the painting challenge for May, but I'm happy that I was able to try painting again after being away from it for so long. I'm feeling the need to focus on one thing and I'm going to be making some changes on my blog. 

We had the most gorgeous, sunny and cool day today - windows wide open, curtains fluttering and a really invigorating breeze threading through the house. I did some good cleaning and organizing, but I'm feeling it tonight! It sounds like we'll be having some heavy rains this weekend, so it will be good to stay in and do more straightening and purging of "stuff". I have several bags in the garage ready for the Salvation Army. Feels good to create some space. Tomorrow I'll go to our library book sale, but will try not to overindulge!

I hope that you have had a good week. Thanks for stopping by to read my blog, and have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love them both Judy! You did great on your May paintings and it helped you determine where you want your focus to be. Good for you. Have fun at the book sale :). I actually got out tonight for the first time in years and went to a small art showing opening and met lots of artists and was inspired by all I saw and learned. The art studio will be busy this weekend. lol
Stay inspired!

Libby Fife said...

I do love your fabric sketches and these two in particular.

I get distracted and waylaid too Judy and can't think straight! Twenty directions at once, right? Do your best to get through it:) Have a great weekend!

sharon said...

Love the sailboat collage. The colors especially.
Hope you find some gems at the book sale. I've been rereading old favorites lately, Jane Eyre, The Shell Seekers. Fabulous. Guess my soul needs good love stories right now.
Been missing your bloggy news and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Even a short post is a morsel of pure joy.
Enjoy the weekend whatever it brings.

Lorinda.C.F said...

These two fabric sketches are so wonderful Judy. They're so full of love. You tried painting again in May and that's the important thing. There's nothing wrong with wanting to return to what you love and where your talents are limitless. Can't wait to see where you go next xx

amanda white said...

Hi Judy
Love your cats. Good luck to you in staying focussed. I know I cant. And snap - I just delivered two massive bags of wardrobe clutter to the cat sanctuary. And already regretting giving away that green dress ....

Simone said...

Glad to see you blogging again Judy. I was concerned about you! I think your fabric sketches are wonderful and like to see the different layers of fabric. Keep well!x

Gwen said...

Lovely work, as ever.....you are so talented!
The cats are adorable!
xx

Anne Butera said...

Your fabric sketches are lovely. Can't wait to see more!

Hope you found some good things at the book sale!

Lyn said...

They are both lovely Judy and so neat! look forward to seeing the progress
xxx