Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Snow Day

My calendar tells me that tomorrow is the first day of Spring,
but my eyes tell me otherwise!


10 inches of snow accumulated last night and throughout this day.
Here's my car, midway through it's clean-up!


I shoveled quite a bit this morning, until I heard about a snow plow operator
who could finish the last and worst part of the driveway (to the tune of $50),
so I made a path to the front door, did the front stairs and went inside with an aching back!


Meanwhile, Rosie had found my daughter's childhood afghan
 and completely made it her own for the day!




Can't wait for my husband to return from his business trip!

Oh, and by the way, I apologize to my readers for having to install
word verification for comments. I've had a deluge of spam comments lately 
and felt it was necessary.

Hope you've had a great day!!


5 comments:

sharon said...

I am SO ready for spring. We had our latest snow yesterday. Only 4 inches but the winds have been howling. I have drifts up to my waste between me and the chickens. Walked around the long way this morning and afternoon to visit them. Tomorrow or later until the wind slows down enough so I can clear the paths.
I'm hoping for both of us that this will be the last of the white stuff til next season! I'll think of your back each time mine complains!

Libby Fife said...

That Rosie is no fool!

That looks like a gigantic amount of snow. Be careful when you shovel it:)

Nan and =^..^= said...

Hi Judy,
We got the same storm and we shoveled yesterday and now as I look out of the window this morning there is more snow to shovel. It is beautiful but today is spring and we had seen daffodil reeds poking through the soil several days ago so we know they are there though out of sight!
Rosie looks beautiful and comfy!
I hope you don't have to do anymore shoveling!

Simone said...

I think you have had more than your fair share of snow Judy! It is indeed the Spring Equinox today (20th) and looking at the bleak weather outside my window it is hard to believe. Let us hope that the sun comes out to play very soon! x

Karen L R said...

The thing about March snow is that it won't last...right? Right?

I had to turn my word verification on again too. I'm also annoyed that I've started getting junk calls on my cell phone, even though I registered with "do not call". Technology is a mixed blessing.

THINK SPRING, Judy!!!
xo