I've been taking the quilt collage class with Amy Ropple for 4 weeks now.
Here are some pictures of the progress I've made with my quilt.
This was my original drawing, which turned out to be a bit complicated,
so I simplified it and cut out shapes from fabric.
Then I added some fabric scraps and trims to the border,
added black tulle over everything and machine quilted the whole thing.
I've started adding beads and will continue this in the next class on Wednesday.
This is a very different approach to appliqué than what I'm used to -
no fusing at all, so beading is much easier with softer fabric.
The overlayer of black tulle holds everything down and adds a depth to all the colors -
hard to see in this photo.
I'll be happy to finish this project , but it has been a very enjoyable experience!
I'll post more photos later!
Hope your week is off to a good start!