Thursday, December 5, 2013

Quilt Collage Class

Last night I went to my quilt collage class, with my vase of flowers cut out and glue-sticked on to muslin. I had simplified the design drastically when I saw how much work my original drawing would be, with so many pieces. I'll hold on to that drawing and some day make an appliqué picture out of it.

Original drawing

We cut our image away from the muslin and auditioned different backgrounds. This is what I came up with - both fabrics from my friend Barbara's stash. Nothing in my bag o' fabric seemed to work.

Meanwhile, our homework for next week is to make a quilt sandwich of our collage, glued on to the background, with batting and backing. Then we are to free-motion quilt it by machine. This is something I've done very little of, so it will be an adventure for sure! When that is done the real fun begins as we add beading and embellishments! Be warned - this will get very bling-y!!

Hope to get to those fabric sketches tomorrow.
Hope your week is going well!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh, poor Rosie...she is literally " out of the picture "!
Love seeing how your piece is changing and progressing.
So looking forward to the bling, which I'm sure you will have a great time working on.