Sunday, January 19, 2014

Doodle Journal

I seem to be having trouble getting in artistic gear this year, 
so I decided to start a Doodle Journal to get me going!


I've been making mindless designs while watching TV,
then saw an interesting segment today on CBS' Sunday Morning.
Little did I know that doodling has a higher purpose!!

In any case, it's a good exercise, and sometimes a doodle turns into a drawing!
I have no idea who this lady is!


I'll be starting a real sketchbook class this week, but my doodle journal 
will stay beside me as I watch TV. 
Who knows what will show up in it!


Hope you're having a great weekend!

7 comments:

Shell said...

I love doodling. I like to do it in all of my journals. Especially on the days I feel stressed, it makes me feel relaxed. Throw in some colored pencils and makes me smile even more.

Custom Comforts said...

I can't imagine you not being in creative gear Judy. Seems like you are always making something. Maybe you just need a little rest to recharge your creative batteries.
Stay warm.
Cindy

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours said...

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way so far this year. I've been sketching and doodling in front of the tv too and put a few layers of paint down on paper on Friday evening. Love your lady! Am off to watch that link you posted. Happy creating!! xx

Simone said...

A doodle Journal is a great idea Judy! I love your sketch - she has a very elfin like face. x

sharon said...

Every January I intend to begin a journal, as if that would be the only time to begin. I have NOT lost my chance in 2014 by not beginning it sooner.... thanks for the reminder.
Doodling is marvelously freeing.
;-)

Anne Butera said...

What fun, Judy! Whenever I'm stuck, or not feeling up to a more challenging type of art, doodling is always there, but I don't always remember. I really should take it up more often, though.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create in your sketchbook class.

Jennifer Richardson said...

Doodle on, friend.
I love that word
and what it represents.
Almost chose it as my word for this year!
Funny:)
Glad to see you stretching your creative muscles....you are such a sweet inspire:)
-jennifer