Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Landscapes in Process

Today was a full day of designing, preparing and sewing landscapes.
 I feel like I have a handle on the pieces I'll be offering
 in the local show on November 1.



I have many of the pieces pinned up on some foam core on the mantle
 in our living room. I'm preparing white linen borders for all of them. 
Hopefully my system will work and I can get them mounted
 assembly line style. And, of course, I need to add more details
(such as leaves) to some of the pictures. 


Time to quit for the day, make dinner and rest my eyes!

Hope you've had a very good day!

7 comments:

sharon said...

Oh so nice, Judy. As usual, I love your colors. Thanks for showing a work in progress under your sewing needle. Gives me more clues as to your process.

fromyourmindseye.com said...

Wow Judy,
When you get going, you don't mess around. I'm impressed. Beautiful work. I love the colors you chose. Spectacular.

Julie

Simone said...

They are beautiful Judy. You have worked so hard to achieve this. Now go rest your eyes, I would hate to see them lose their sparkle! x

Shell said...

Your art is always beautiful. The layered textures make the landscapes come alive.

Karen L R said...

you certainly have some hustle in your bustle, judy! so much beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

These are all so wonderful! I'm especially drawn to the one with the sparkle on the water and beautiful clouds. Can't wait to see how they look with the white linen border. :)

Anne Butera said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, Judy. Looks like you did get a lot done with the cats shut out. :)

I love that shot of the landscape on the sewing machine.

I'm excited for you and your upcoming show.