Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Back again!

I have to say, I'm an expert at avoiding doing things that are close to my heart. I have a mess of art ideas percolating in my brain that I haven't even begun to realize and, much as I love my blog, I keep it tucked away in a corner of my brain and keep saying, "I'll get to it!"

Well, here I am again and it's Autumn, my favorite season. I've been doing some embroidery, applique artwork and a bit of playing with cut paper, and here are a few of my recent projects

I finally finished and framed the fabric applique portrait of my parents which I had begun a few years ago. The figures were done but I wasn't happy with the original background, so I built a new one around them! The stone wall was made from many different pieces of fabric and stitched in place with a zig zag machine stitch. The picture was inspired by a 1940s photo of my parents and I added a yellow rose in my dad's hand. He grew yellow "peace" roses and often cut one for my mom and left it in a bud vase on the kitchen table for her. It feels good to have finished this.



Here's a little embroidery I did


and a page for the fabric cat book I'm working on.


And this month I've been working on some cut paper people,
little portraits made for fun!




Last month, my husband Bill, daughter Kate and her 
boyfriend Jason gave me a beautiful 70th birthday party!
Our house was filled with wonderful, creative friends 
and neighbors and it was so much fun!




70!!
I can't believe it!

Anyway, here's my take on getting older:

...among other things!

Hope everyone who reads this is doing well.

Thanks for visiting!!


3 comments:

sharon said...

Always a delight to peek through this window.
It wasn't until I began to help build and then teach at Ralph Waldo Emerson Middle School that I learned just how many interesting and spot on things he had to say. Love this quote, Judy. And happy, happy 70s dear friend.

Anne Butera said...

Nice to see you blogging again, Judy!

Your work is beautiful, as always!

I'm so glad you had a lovely birthday celebration. You look filled with joy!

Sending love!

obat aborsi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.