Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A Fresh New Year

I'm always glad to welcome a new year, and 2019 is no exception.

2018 was a tough year for me and many others. The political mess in our country has hung like a black cloud over everything and I have spent too much time dwelling upon it. My dearest friend and her husband came to visit in May, then went home to California where she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She is not doing well. Other things have been on my mind and I tend to let them get to me. I need an attitude adjustment!
On the other hand, my daughter and my husband threw me a wonderful 70th birthday party with many friends to help us celebrate. We've had lovely times with our dear relatives from Maine, had a restful summer vacation on Cape Ann, Massachusetts, and several fabulous visits with our amazing daughter Kate. I'm so lucky to be part of "Team Hartman"!!


I also feel so fortunate to have the time and inclination to be creative. I have a vey amazing network of artist friends and see them frequently, as well as the opportunity to take classes from fiber artist Amy Ropple, who is also a good friend. 
For the coming year, I have plans for some new projects, first of which will be new artwork for an upcoming exhibit by the Arts Collaborative I belong to. The theme is Arts and Edibles - artwork relating to food and eating, as well as a special exhibit centering around food labels! Time to start working on those!

My wish for everyone who reads this:

Happy Winter!





And don't forget:



Happy 2019!!
Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Karen L R said...

Life is such a jumble of joy and sorrow, delight and heartbreak...so glad you are here, working it through with your sweet artwork, Judy. xo

Libby Fife said...

Your life is wonderful and full in so many ways. So glad to see your family together and with happy faces:)

Good luck this year, Judy. It's going to be great for you!

Libby

Debra Dixon said...

I'm rooting for you Judy! Your artwork always evokes the innocence of life. Delightful!

Clipping Path Service said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie Nolan said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2019 Judy. Let us keep "looking up" for the coming year. Hugs!

Simone said...

I am sorry that 2018 was challenging for you Judy. Here's to a fresh slate with ample opportunity for happy times this year. x

Anne Butera said...

Catching up on my blog reading and seeing this (finally) so long after you posted it.

Sending lots of love your way, my friend.

xo