I have put together a first draft of my January art quilt, which will most likely end up as a wall hanging. I've been pinning pieces of fabric to a sheet of foam core, then leaning it against a wall which I pass by frequently. This gives me a quick impression of what stands out as blatantly out of kilter and which parts seem to "flow". Even seeing this photo has made me see some things I want to change. I've added some fabrics to the original mix and eliminated the leaf shape I thought I would use - that will be used in some future piece. So far, I'm happy with the general look. I didn't, after all, use any hand painted fabrics. I do want to finish it by the end of the month, so I'm keeping it simple!
We had quite a snowstorm in Massachusetts yesterday. The trees are heavy with snow and it really looks like a winter wonderland. I'll see how hard it is to maneuver out there in a while when I go out to tutor!!