Thursday, October 22, 2009

An Autumn Day



above - Jean; below - me


A beautiful, warm autumn day!
A blazing orange tree on the corner of our street,
and a view of the lake in the center of town;
My friend Jean and I walked Meadow in the park beside the lake.
Meadow loves to catch a tennis ball and chase leaves,
as she cavorts and rolls in the grass.
Such simple pleasures.
I used to be afraid of dogs,
but now that Meadow is my friend,
the fear is gone.
She's a lovely pooch -
a real princess!
What a great day!!

7 comments:

Nan and =^..^= said...

Wonderful photos capturing autumn! Today I was thrilled with the autumn colors in our town and posted them, too! Meadow looks like a very sweet, loveable dog!

Libby Fife said...

What beautiful pictures!

Isn't it wonderful what a sweet doggie can do to help you get over being afraid of dogs? I had the same experience with my girfriend's dog many years ago. He was such a great guy:)

Lori said...

What a sweet dog! I just watched a documentary with Jane Goodall last night about healing with animals. I'm glad you are not afraid anymore. Hope you have a great weekend!

Cat said...

Lovely pictures of the Autumn colors! Meadow is a beautiful dog, such a loving face!

Have a great weekend, Cat

Judy Hartman said...

Meadow sends thanks for all the compliments. She really is a sweetie!!

quiltcat said...

Meadow looks like a great ambassador for all doggies. She has such a sweet and joyful face! Love the picture of the blazing orange tree on your street...i imagine it might be a sweeet gum.

Gayle said...

Absolutely beautiful...thank you!