Sunday, October 18, 2009

Counting My Blessings



Today is my birthday
and I'm counting my many blessings.
Here are a few:
My sweet and loving best friend, Bill,
who also happens to be my husband;
That talented, funny, inventive young woman
who is my daughter Kate;
A crazy little black and gray striped kitty,
with perfect white paws,
Miss Kristy.
Beautiful friends, wonderful memories,
a very good life;
My childhood dream of being an artist -
now a reality;
Knowing that better things
are yet to come-
a certainty!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

Warmly,
Judy




11 comments:

Karen L R said...

Dear Judy,

Let me be the first to wish you a very happy birthday! Your thoughtful comments on my blog and the blogs of many others are a hallmark of your kindness, Judy. You are a gem. Wishing you many more happy birthdays in the years to come!

xoxoxoKarenLR

Libby Fife said...

Happy birthday to you! You do have a lot which is just wonderful:) Hope your special day goes well.

Nan and =^..^= said...

Sending very Happy Birthday wishes to you!
A lovely post!
(today the 19th, is my sister's birthday)

Shell said...

Happy Birthday, Judy. Hope you have a wonderful and creative new year.

Judy Hartman said...

Thanks to each of you - Karen, Libby, Nan and Shell!

quiltcat said...

Sorry i'm a little late...hope you had a wonderful birthday, and best wishes for many more!!

Lyn said...

Happy Birthday Judy, sorry I am late with my wishes! hope you had a lovely day and many more birthdays to come,
lots of love
Lyn
xxx

Lori said...

Happy belated birthday Judy- I love how you took the time to be grateful for your blessings. And they are blessings indeed. Hope you are still basking in the glory of it all!

Simone said...

Belated Birthday wishes Judy! I hope you have a wonderful year ahead! x

Gayle said...

A belated very happy birthday to you, Judy!
Such a beautiful poem full of gratitude. :-)

Cat said...

Happy Belated birthday to another October Lady! (Mine was yesterday).
I knew there was something special about you! Lovely post!