Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Stitched Fabric Art

Hello!
Hope everyone is having a great week. We've had some crisp New England Fall days and I just love them! I find Autumn exhilarating and really enjoy a beautiful October day!
I just finished this stitched cat picture. No, it isn't my cat Kristy - she has white paws! This kitty was done  with a lot of machine stitching, acrylic paint, watercolor colored pencils and sharpie pens. It started out as a thread sketch, then grew into the picture you see here!
I have a few more unfinished pieces I'm working on, and a new project I hope to share soon.
Time to check out some of my favorite blogs!
Have a terrific Wednesday!

Warmly,
Judy

12 comments:

Cat said...

Hi Judy,
This cat picture is facinating. Isn't it fun to just go nuts on the back and forth part of stitching!
The wallpaper looks really cool too! Great job!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Judy.....I LOVE THIS! Do more!

Libby Fife said...

This is just so sweet. I love the texture of that background fabric too. It is a really lovely composition-more, more, more!

Lori said...

It is the cutest ever! How oh how do you do that?! It looks like it would take a hundred years. I love how relaxed and peaceful she is and the wallpaper in the background!

Simone said...

Judy you really are very talented. The cat looks so tactile. I love the soft and muted colours that you have used too. x

Karen L R said...

Quite a feat to get a painterly look with a sewing machine, Judy! This is lovely. I agree, do more!

Judy Hartman said...

Thank you, friends! I've answered each comment individually, but wanted to say another big thank you!
I get the feeling that I've hit on a good method (for myself) to "draw" with fabric and stitch, so I'll be trying more of these stitched pieces.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Gorgeous!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Judy!

Another beautiful piece! Is an Etsy shop still in the future for you.:o) I just know so many will certainly enjoy your lovely work. Wishing you a beautiful week.:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

Nan and =^..^= said...

So very beautiful!

quiltcat said...

I love the combination of techniques. And such a gorgeous cat composition!

Valentina Harper said...

OMG! this is *GREAT*! I'm a big fan of artwork with details... I wish I can learn to do something like this ;)