Sunday, March 20, 2011

Welcome Spring!

Today was a sunny day, a good setting for the first day of spring. 
The air was chilly as Bill and I set off for a walk 
along the edge of the lake in our town. 


Looking up, we could see buds on some trees, and the sky was a brilliant blue.


I could imagine the transformation that will soon occur, as the neutral landscape
 transforms into every possible shade of green.


In one place, a trail led to a small patch of beach, where a mom and her child sat on the cold sand.


Like all of us, I'm sure they felt the hope and expectation in the air ~
warmth, growth and pleasurable days to come.

Welcome Spring!!!



5 comments:

Nan and =^..^= said...

I love your new header banner...what a beautiful welcome to spring!
Looks like a very nice walk and it will be so wonderful to see the changes in the colors of the landscape as we move along to warmer weather! (we may have a set back this week for snow is predicted here)

Libby Fife said...

I can just visualize how green and leafy it will soon be. I bet you tend to forget that with all of the snow!

Glad you had a good day:)

Pam Perras said...

As I sit at my computer, admiring your new banner, I can hear birds singing outside my window. And I discovered some brave, creamy crocus flowers in my backyard yesterday! Despite the wintry weather Spring IS here! Thanks always, Judy, for your support and comments on my blog.

Karen L R said...

We drove down from Vermont yesterday in a nasty snow storm...but I know spring is winning...the days are longer and the scent of spring is in the air!

Simone said...

I love your new spring banner Judy! Welcome spring indeed! In the UK our clocks go forward an hour on Sunday and then it will officially be British Summer Time! x