Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Landscape Collage

It's a fairly mild day here in New England, with sunny skies and light breezes. I made this little landscape collage this morning for a card for someone special. It combines different papers, fabric, and hand painted cheesecloth and lace. 


I looked around my studio for the most textural bits I could find, and even tore the paper edges instead of cutting them.


It felt good to accomplish something so early in the day!

Hope your day is going well!!!

8 comments:

Gwen said...

Just gorgeous, your 'someone special' will adore it. Mild here too, lovely for being outdoors and imbibing bird song...I am in heaven today.
xxx

amanda white said...

Beautifully tactile Judy.
Strangely I have been doing a bit of paper ripping myself today.
Then started again.
Deep deep sigh ...

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful. What a lucky friend to be receiving this :).
Stay inspired!

She Who Doodles said...

what a beautiful little card, i love how you used the cheesecloth. very imaginative. enjoy your day, it's cold and rainy here with a little snow mixed in.

Rebag said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Simone said...

It is so lovely and imaginative Judy. I like the touch of cheesecloth and the wispy clouds. I can almost feel the breeze!!! x

sharon said...

Simone is right, Judy. I can nearly feel the breeze across my cheek. You've captured the season and our spring eager hearts as well. Lovely.

Lorinda.C.F said...

It was one of your landscapes that first captivated me Judy and this one goes above and beyond. Stunning. xx