ART and STITCH by Judy Hartman

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Work in Progress

I'm about to go out for the day, driving an hour south to visit my sister. But before I left, I wanted to post about what I'm working on today. I had begun this textured landscape during AEDM in November, but felt that it needed something more. This morning I played around with fabrics and some wool roving, and now feel happy with this more complete picture, in the planning stages right now, but moving in a good direction.


Of course, the elements need to be sewn down and needle felted...


and maybe I will crop it and make it a vertical piece.
Time will tell, but I'll be working on this more when I get home later in the day!

Hope your day is going well.
Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Libby Fife said...

I am liking this! Great details but still indistinct. Is that a word?

Have a good trip and visit with your sister. Drive carefully:)

Emme Toaye said...

With Spring just around the corner (wishful thinking) I love that you've given the fern green a chance, love your unusual talent!

Karen L R said...

Gorgeous. Really, really beautiful. The texture is fabulous.

Safe travels on those crazy roads...128/95?

Lyn said...

I really love the colours in this piece.
xxx

sharon said...

Judy,
Hurray for art every day!
These are the very colors I've been drawn to lately. I think it's because they really bring spring to mind and on this frozen fog, foggy Groundhog's day I'm SOOO thinking Spring! Beautiful, beautiful work. I vote for horizontal...

Gwen said...

I especially loved the simplicity of the first one...so elegant and in its quietness, said so much. I really felt drawn into it.
However I like also where you are going with it. I think vertical gives such a different aspect that it tells a vastly different story.
Clever you!
xx

Carol A. Babineau said...

Wonderful piece Judy! This landscape makes me want to just take a walk in it :)

Anonymous said...

It looks great already. I can't wait to see what you do with it :).
Stay inspired!

Lorinda.C.F said...

I really love this Judy. Such wonderful depth and rich color