Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Matisse inspired Sketchbook

My daughter Kate was home for the weekend, and what a lovely time we had together! Every time she visits, she pares down the belongings she has stashed in our attic a bit, and I seem to inherit a few things. Some are donated or recycled, but this time she found a few pads of art paper and a sketchbook which she didn't want, so I adopted them into my already overflowing stash!

Today I took the sketchbook and customized it a bit, making it a bit more appealing to pick up and use.


I covered the printing on the front with some green print paper.


And on the first page I put a print of a painting by my favorite artist, Henri Matisse, along with a copy of his signature from the internet. Now, just opening the sketchbook will be inspiring!

My creativity level has been a bit low for a month in which I planned to make Art Every Day, but I'm hoping to pick up speed in the second half!

Hope you are having a great week and finding creativity in your world!
Take care!

6 comments:

Simone said...

That is a great idea to do with the sketchbook! I have trouble focusing on my goals so maybe I should put a picture of my muse (got to find one first though) in a book to inspire me! x

Libby Fife said...

Ebb and flow seems ok to me!

Good luck with your new sketchbook. Glad you and Kate had a good visit:)

sharon said...

Not sure what puts the smile on my face more, Judy, hearing you and Kate had a marvelous weekend or seeing you poised to take up a transformed blank page. Wonderful.

She Who Doodles said...

what a great start to the new journal. i would put a copy of monet's water lilies paintings on the first page.

Carol A. Babineau said...

Very nice ending for that sketchbook and it's travels Judy - it is now a beautiful piece worthy of an artist like you! No plain Jane stuff there.

supplies overflowing! said...

Glad you had a nice time with your daughter, AND that she had time to weed through your attic! I've been hoping for a little weeding throuogh ours, but it just doesn't happen.
I love what you did with the Matisse in your newly acquired sketchbook.
Very inspiring, indeed!
jenny