Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Night

Tonight I was working on a sketch from a photo of my mom as a young woman. I want to use it in a collage, but, after scanning it, I can see that I have more work to do. I was using a stippling technique and doing it while watching TV. I think I'll add some solid lines when I go back to it.


I also wanted to share some photos of flowers my husband gave me for Valentine's Day. These lilies were combined with red roses and baby's breath, but sadly the roses are already wilting. I separated the lilies to celebrate their beautiful color and graceful shape. 




These flowers lift my heart as the gray winter becomes tiring and I feel myself craving color!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for visiting!


8 comments:

Lorinda.C.F said...

your portrait is stunning Judy. it holds so much expression and love. it's beautiful just the way it is.

Karen L R said...

I can see you in your Mom, Judy. It's a beautiful portrait.

And I'll bet the scent of those gorgeous lilies helps chase away the February blahs!

Gwen said...

Your mum is so beautiful; a serene and gorgeous face. The lillies are beautiful too, are they scented?Colour and sunny skies are things that cheer me up. Like you,I got some lillies; not yet open and today is sunny...smiles all round. Have a wonderful week:)
xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a wonderful image with your stippling technique. I don't have enough patience that. Very impressive :)
Stay inspired!

sharon said...

As I've looked at your work in the past months, Judy, I've noted your particular ability with rendering eyes. A very special skill indeed.
Yes, she is lovely and the lilies are as well. Isn't life rich?

Libby Fife said...

What a great idea! A stipple portrait is always so interesting to me-reminds me of the artwork from The Wall Street Journal (which I really enjoy).

Beautiful flowers too. I thin out the flowers too in order to make them last longer:)

Judy Hartman said...

Thank you for your comments, dear friends. I love doing faces and your comments made me take a second look and decide to leave it as it is. Wishing each of you a wonderful week!

Simone said...

Lovely portrait of your Mum Judy. You always manage to capture her serenity. The flowers do add a lovely splash of colour on a grey February day. x