Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Screen Printing

Today I had an adventure in silk screen printing with my friend Andrea. I brought a cut paper leaf design to Andrea's studio and, using a thermofax machine, she was able to make it into a screen for printing.




I was able to make prints on paper and fabric, practicing a technique I had never tried before. It was a lot of fun! In March Andrea and I are doing a demonstration of silk screening and collage, and I'll be using my leaf as part of a collage. I'll be experimenting with this throughout the rest of this month and will show my ideas here. Meanwhile - thanks, Andrea, for an enjoyable lesson!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!! I love your leaf and can't wait to see more :).
Stay inspired!

Karen L R said...

Oh, collaborations are such fun!

sharon said...

Silk screening is such an enjoyable technique. Your leaf translates beautifully. Be warned, it can be highly addictive. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Gwen said...

How wonderful to try something new. I have always wanted to try silk screen printing. I love your leaf design and look forward to seeing what else you do:)
xxx

Andrea said...

You're welcome Judy! Yes, collaborations are fun and as Sharon commented, silkscreen printing IS highly addictive, but not fattening!!!!!

Jennifer Richardson said...

LOVE leaves and this one
makes my heart grin....looks
like it's drifting on breeze:)
-Jennifer

Simone said...

It looks like a really interesting technique Judy and I think it would make some lovely fabric book covers! x

fromyourmindseye.com said...

Judy, That looks like so much fun. Wish I was there to join you.

Julie