Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fabric flowers and Cards

Monday I did some fabric painting and this morning I started playing around with the flowery shapes.


I want to make a field of flowers with a few blooms standing out in the foreground.
I started cutting into one piece of painted fabric, using the second piece as a background.
I'll be overpainting the background piece and using thread to define the main flowers.
Just a fun, springy piece which I hope to finish later today!


Also, I was thrilled to receive some beautiful cards which I had ordered from my blogging friend, Libby Fife. Libby is a painter whose work I have followed for several years. She paints local scenes from Calaveras County, CA, where she lives, and she writes about these scenes here. I purchased 10 cards - these are my favorites, but I love all of Libby's paintings! 

Hope your week is going well! Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Lyn said...

looking lovely, spring is here!
and those cards are beautiful too!
xxx

Libby Fife said...

Can't wait to see your Spring-ey piece! And what a surprise to see my cards! I love that they are there with you and that you will enjoy them:)

Lorinda.C.F said...

Such beautiful cards!! Can't wait to see how your spring creation turns out!! xx

Simone said...

Lovely flowery work and great cards by your artist friend. Sorry I have not been visiting much recently Judy but I seem to be doing everything in slow motion recently, hence the name of my new blog 'Pootling with Paper'! Pootling is a British (slang) term for moving about slowly!

fromyourmindseye.com said...

Love your flowery backgrounds. Can't wait to see what you will create.

Jennifer Richardson said...

your fabric painting
is brilliant
and beautiful!
love, love, love:)
-Jennifer