Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Morning

I love a new week, full of promise and the possibility of wonderful things happening!!
I've been visiting my favorite blogs and noticing an upswing in people's sprits as Spring approaches, and I feel it too! Today is bursting with sunshine and we are promised much warmer weather as the week goes on!
This past Friday I had the privilege of being part of a small exhibit during the grand opening of a terrific  gift shop in our town. As I scurried to finish a fabric and felted landscape, but didn't quite make it, I instead settled on two cut paper pieces I had done awhile ago. As it turned out, my work was hung next to some beautiful felted pieces by another artist, so it was good to have work in different media.


It looks a bit confusing, but there are two levels in the store and this wall overhangs the lower level!




These are the pieces I put in the exhibit.

And this coming weekend I'll be doing a demonstration, with my friend Andrea, of different types of collage (Andrea will be demonstrating silk screen printing), so this week I'll be posting some examples of collage as I prepare them for the demonstration.

Hope you have a wonderful week!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being part of the opening!! I love the first one the most. Have you ever heard of Canadian scissor cut artist and writer Lini R. Grol? She is one talented lady too. Good luck with the demonstration.
Stay inspired!

Gwen said...

Amazing work. You have really represented the hair beautifully!
xx

Anne Butera said...

Congrats, Judy! Your pieces are lovely and look right at home in the new shop.

Tillybud said...

Hello new blogging friend! Your work looks beautiful. What a lovely start to the week.

Simone said...

Your paper work is wonderful Judy and a good contrast to the felt work. It looks like you have a busy time ahead. Good luck with the collage demonstration. x

Shell said...

Love your two pieces that you put in exhibit.

sharon said...

Judy,
I see you've met my new friend Tillybud. Hurrah for blogging!
You go girl, having your lovely pieces shoulder to shoulder with other fine work in a new shop. Bravo. Best of luck with the demonstrations. You'll be making new converts and sharing the joy.

She Who Doodles said...

just checked out your new website, congrats. it looks great. are you planning to use it more for selling your art?

Lorinda.C.F said...

A huge congratulations on your fabulous pieces (that hair is amazing), on your exhibit, and on your demo gig! Nicely done!! xx

Karen L R said...

February funk?
GONE!
Well done, Judy!
xo