Friday, March 9, 2012

Flower Collage

I hope everyone who reads this has had a very good first full week of March! Here in New England we've had a variety of weather - very cold at the beginning of the week, leading up to warmer days midweek, extremely windy weather last night and back down to the 30's today! It has been said about New England, 'If you don't like the weather, wait a minute', and that can be very true at times!


On Tuesday, I went to my Pilates class in the morning, but felt a bit "off" as the day progressed. By night time I was experiencing the full impact of a stomach virus which left me out of commission for a couple of days. I'm feeling better now and apologize for missing the latest posts on my favorite blogs. I'll be catching up in the days to come.


One thing I could do, while lying on a bed flanked by two cats, was to create a magazine photo collage to use as an example in a collage demo I'll be part of tomorrow afternoon.



I have to make a confession - I love to clip photos and illustrations from magazines and, rather than let them sit in files and folders, I really enjoy making collages with them. It's a low key creative activity which can be done in the evening while watching TV. When I put my magazines out to be recycled, they've already been recycled to a certain extent!
The photos in this collage were culled from several magazines. I was thinking of adding a word or two to it, but right now I'm enjoying it as it is.

I have a lovely blank journal, hand made by artist Sue Bleiweiss, which has heavy enough pages to use as a collage book. These are a couple of my favorite pages from that. I do enjoy adding words, hand drawn sketches and little curlicues to these pages. Easy, creative fun! 



I'll be gathering more examples of collage as today progresses and hope to post them tomorrow!

Hope your day is going well.
What are you looking forward to this weekend? Hope it's something good!

8 comments:

amanda white said...

Really pretty, Judy.
Hope you're feeling better and glad to hear your cats are as helpful as mine are!

Libby Fife said...

How wonderful! That collage is so pretty and I can't believe that you did it while ill in bed. I had the same virus over New Year's and it was the pits.

Good use of the magazines, really. I will need to remember about that next time I go clipping:)

Lyn said...

Hello Judy, glad you are feeling better. I love the collage and it sort of ties in with what I am looking forward to this weekend. I am going to a sketchbook workshop at my favourite local gallery/museum. Hope your weekend is a good one.
xxx

She Who Doodles said...

it's beautiful judy. what a great idea. i cut but put in folders for later use. have a great weekend.

Karen L R said...

very pretty.

peter is down for the count today. glad you're on your way back!

xo

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh!!! SO beautiful!
that collage makes my heart
wanna do a few summersaults!
So absolutely beautiful:)
thanks for sharing the goodness,
Jennifer

Gwen said...

So sorry you were poorly. Low key activities can produce some lovely results..and colourful, as your work here shows.
xx

DIAN said...

Oh my goodness, I do love these collages. Just five minutes ago I was trying to tidy up a whole pile of magazine clippings. Now I know what to do with them. Thanks.

Thanks also for visiting my blog.