My first effort was a familiar one for me - landscape colors on a commercial fabric.
Completely brainless, just the wonderful feeling of spreading the paint.
The next piece was done with an eye to later cutting up and reassembling. Just working wet paint into damp fabric, trying different things.
And finally, some sponge stamping and a little textural effect with a stencil brush.
I really want to do another layer over this when I've heat set it.
Throughout the entire process, Rosie watched, fascinated.
Her favorite part was watching me wash up my brushes and containers!
Don't worry, she didn't drink the soap suds!
On a different subject, I was tagged this weekend by Lorinda at Everyday Endeavors.
I don't usually do tags or blog awards, but I love Lorinda and her desire to learn new things. She is always coming up with new art projects and taking courses. She is also very funny and does beautiful work.
Here are some questions I've been asked to answer:
1. What's your favourite medium for creating?
I love working with fabric, paper and embellishments.
2. What is your favourite accessory?
3. Books or movies? Or?
My husband and I love going to the movies and we go often! I love to get lost in a film.
4. Is creating your day job or your night job?
Creating is my passion and my fun! I do a little tutoring part-time.
5. Glass half empty or half full?
Half full! I'm very blessed.
6. What's your favourite time of day?
I'm a night owl!
7. What's your favourite form of exercise and/or physical expression?
I'm doing a Pilates mat class right now.
8. What kind of music inspires you?
I like Jazz. Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong were wonderful together.
9. What's your favourite month of the year?
10. What's your favorite quote?
'Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.'
11. If you could spend a free month anywhere in the world, where would it be and what wouldI would go back to Tuscany for an fiber art course and vacation!
I told Lorinda that I won't be tagging anyone else, but if you visit her blog you will find many links to other artists who have been tagged.
I hope that you have had a very good start to your week.
Thanks for coming by!