Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Signs of Spring Around Town

Today has been a beautiful sunny day, warm enough to open the porch windows,
and a good day to be out and about looking for signs of spring!


At a shopping center, I found clusters of daffodils


and some trees about to unfurl their leaves.


In front of a store, pretty plantings of daffodils and pansies,


with pussy willows reaching up to the sky.



And, in Trader Joe's, lovely bouquets of spring flowers for sale.


 As I drew near home on the way back, bordering a parking lot,


 these flowering trees were fairly bursting with blossoms!



Soon yards will be filled with flowers, but for now, 
I was happy to see signs of spring wherever I could find them!

Hope you've had a lovely day!!

6 comments:

sharon said...

aaahhhh
:-)

Libby Fife said...

Gorgeous blooms and so welcome after some really awful news out of Boston. Judy, I thought about you and how awful the scenes are. Just a tragedy.

Thanks for the florals to cheer us up:)

Karen L R said...

Spring has sprung!

Simone said...

I am glad that you found some signs of Spring close by Judy. You found some lovely blue sky too!

Lorinda.C.F said...

You certainly found some gorgeous blossoms. Spring is definitely abounding around you! xx

Anne Butera said...

Gorgeous signs of spring, Judy.

And I'm so glad that you were safe during the scariness in Boston.