Monday, April 29, 2013

Signs of Spring - A Beautiful Weekend

We could not have asked for a more beautiful weekend here in New England!


Trees are finally showing off their brand new spring green leaves!



Tulips are popping up,




and flowering trees are flaunting their finery!

On Saturday, I went to a lovely quilt show - (unfortunately my photos did not come out well),
then on to a local arts festival.


I immediately looked for my friend, Pam Perras
who was exhibiting her beautiful oil paintings.
If you go to her website, you'll see better images of her exquisite work.


There were many, many painters and photographers,
but my eye was drawn to the work of fiber artist, Sue Colozzi.
Sue does scenes of Boston, Cape Cod and landscapes in fabric and thread.
You can get a better look at her work here!

                             

And I visited another fiber artist, Beverly Hinckley, whose work is largely abstract.
It was fun to find out that she is a new member of our town's Arts Collaborative.



It was a real pleasure to enjoy the nice weather with my husband
and, I would have to say, it was a great weekend!

Hope your week is off to a good start;
May is right around the corner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy!!
I love your spring pictures!! I can even smell the perfume of the flowers!!
You have been busy, haven't you??
It's good visiting shows and expositions!! I really like it, too!
Have a nice week!
Lau

Lorinda.C.F said...

So much beauty by so many lovely ladies, Mother Nature included!! xx

Libby Fife said...

That looks like a great art show-very lucky to be able to go. And of course, your photography is always so beautiful:)