Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lace collar Ladies

 It's funny what inspires us to be creative.
I was going through my stash of stickers and found 
these Martha Stewart labels. I loved the edges and thought to myself,


these would make lovely little lace collars!


I made little faces to go with them, chose papers and colored pencils.
and came up with these little ladies. And I couldn't resist naming them
and adding a few 'tongue-in-cheek words about each one!
I also added little 'satin' mats from the dollar store!



Betty
Betty smells like lavender, gives you a hug every time she sees you, 
listens to your problems and tells you how wonderful you are.
She makes the world's best chocolate chip cookies and,
although she's not that much older than you,
you want to call her Grandma.


Maria
Her beauty is - well, annoying - but she has a heart of gold,
so you try to overlook her assets.
She cooks like a dream, is generous to a fault
and can be very funny. 
Just don't expect to be the focus of attention 
when you walk down the street with her.


Karen
She looks like a young girl, but is actually 33.
This is the only dress she owns, and she would prefer to be in jeans 
and a tee shirt. She has series tickets to the Red Sox, a golden retriever
and a cape cod house she painted herself.
She drives a jeep and is happiest when fishing with her two nephews
at the family cabin on the lake.


Priscilla
What can we say?
She has been treated like a princess her whole life,
so she see nothing wrong with
wearing a tiara to the supermarket!


Nancy
She loves to read psychological mystery books,
has three cats and, although she doesn't smoke,
has an extensive collection of ceramic ashtrays.
She is down-to-earth and completely honest,
and could be the best friend you ever had.


As you can see, I became quite caught up in these ladies.
Do they remind you of anyone you know?

Hope you are enjoying a terrific day!

16 comments:

Lyn said...

You could write a book about them....they live in the same town and meet in the library or general store and you learn about their lives.....you have me doing it now!
They are great, love them Judy. Xxx

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!!! Judy - you are definately getting "more genius" as times passes....LOVE your friends, the looks, stories and mystery behind it!
The EASTER picture is special - did you do this earlier? Don't remember it! OKAY, "day is done here on West Coast" - I'm "outta here!" Love, Ann

Libby Fife said...

Somewhere between Nancy and Karen?? LOL!

Very creative Judy and of course, they are all lovely:)

fromyourmindseye.com said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE THIS JUDY. iT'S A BOOK.

fromyourmindseye.com said...

PLEASE DO MORE!

Andrea said...

Fabulous! Love, love , love the stories!

Amy said...

Fantastic! Time to write this book!

Karen L R said...

Yes, a book is in order! Love these, Judy!
xo

Nan and =^..^= said...

I love these, too! I would love to see a book about them.

Simone said...

I love your lace collar ladies! I am more like Nancy than the others but not pretty! x

Judy Hartman said...

Thank you for your comments, my friends. I will definitely expand on this idea! Simone, I cannot let your comment go by without adding that you are, indeed, very pretty!

sharon said...

Such fun, Judy. I'll have to dig out the lace collar I made to go with my Laura Ashley dresses. I think I still have it somewhere…….

Lorinda.C.F said...

These are amazing Judy! In every possible way! I also support the book idea! :-) xx

Anne Butera said...

I love them! Such fun to read your mini stories about them. Thank you so much for sharing!

Jennifer Richardson said...

These are such a wonderful display
of creativity:):):)
Hey, what a beautiful way
to repurpose something into story
and soul.
Big joy to you and your
luminous heart:)
-Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Judy!!
Fantastic!!!!!
I love all of them!! You're a genius!!
Children would love to hear your stories and watch your characters....and adults, too!!!