Sunday, April 6, 2014

Nuno Felting Workshop

Recently I took a workshop in nuno felting with some friends
We used silk chiffon and wool roving to create beautiful,
lightweight scarves through the process of wet felting.
If you are interested in this, there are many online tutorials for nuno felting.
Here we are, laying out our designs .








After much wetting, rolling and pounding, our designs became felted 
and enmeshed with the silk organza, resulting in a pretty scarf.
This is mine!



A fun day with friends and a new technique learned!

Hope you've had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Libby Fife said...

So nice Judy! You (and the scarf) look great!

Simone said...

It looks such fun! Your scarf is beautiful Judy and so are you!!! x

sharon said...

Very pretty, Judy. And the scarf is lovely too.
;-)

Lorinda.C.F said...

Oh, what fun! And such gorgeous results. I'll have to do a quick web search. Thank you so much for your sweet note the other day Judy. It's been an...interesting...year so far but I'm getting my feet back under me again (figuratively and literally) and hope to find my muse again soon. xoxo