Saturday, February 13, 2016

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts - Part 1

I went to a wonderful quilt exhibit this week, showcasing the work of two quilt artists whom I know personally. It was held in a beautiful room used as the sanctuary of a local church, and I couldn't help but think how wonderful it would be to attend a service, surrounded by these handmade beauties.


The first artist is Susan Walsh, a former quilt shop owner, whose work is infused with color and warmth. A group of ladies (including me) meet at her house every week to stitch and chat, and I'm constantly amazed by the quality of her hand appliqué and stitching.

Here are just some of her quilts.



Some hand appliquéd details from this quilt -



This is just a portion of a larger quilt -




Detail from this quilt -




In my next post I'll share photos of quilts by the other artist, Barbara Malek.
I'm sure you'll agree that these are spectacular!

2 comments:

Karen L R said...

So many tiny stitches!
Love the pictures of the details, Judy
Thanks for sharing this beautiful work.

Simone said...

Stunning quilts and beautiful works of art. A wonderful setting in which to display them too! Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging comments on my blog Judy. They mean a lot to me. x