Thursday, May 18, 2017

A Visit with Some Young Artists

Earlier this week, I visited a 6th grade art class which is taught by my friend Amy. The students are working on a project in which they are painting faces and writing stories about the characters they are creating. I brought my sketchbook and a couple of pieces of my work to share and then observed these young artists at work. They are painting on muslin fabric and will eventually cut out the faces, stitch them to a background, and create wall hangings with the stories written around the faces. I can't wait to see the finished products!
Here are a few photos of the artists at work!

















                

I was really thrilled to be invited to visit this class.
Wonderful and talented young people with a fabulous teacher -
a very enjoyable afternoon!


Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Lyn said...

It is so lovely watching children discover their artistic side, and to be part of it is special xx